Mortgage rates ended the week a little lower.
Key influences that affected mortgage rates this week:
- On target employment report.
- Two week extension to government funding.
- Signs that the economy has now bounced back from the effects of hurricanes.
- Average hourly earnings data short of expectations.
What to look for next week:
- Federal Reserve expected to raise the federal funds rate at its meeting on Wednesday.
- Consumer Price Index (CPI) inflation data on Wednesday.
- Possible update on European Central Bank on bond purchases during its Thursday meeting.
- Retail Sales data on Thursday.
- Possible further announcements on tax reform, Russia investigation and government funding.