Mortgage rates ended the week a little lower.
Key influences that affected mortgage rates this week:
- Improved home building activity in October.
- Congress passing the "Tax Cut and Jobs Act".
- Announcement of an impending change of Director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB).
What to look for next week:
- Existing Home Sales figures will be announced Tuesday.
- November 1st Federal Reserve meeting minutes released on Wednesday.
- Durable Orders, Jobless Claims, and Consumer Sentiment data on Wednesday.
- Mortgage markets will be closed Thursday and close early on Friday due to Thanksgiving.