Mortgage rates ended the week slightly higher.
Key influences that affected mortgage rates this week:
- A relatively uneventful European Central Bank meeting.
- Speculation over the next Federal Reserve chair appointment.
- Better than expected Gross Domestic Product (GDP) third quarter first estimate.
What to look for next week:
- New Federal Reserve chair appointment expected during the week.
- Core PCE price index on Monday.
- ISM national manufacturing data on Wednesday.
- Federal Reserve meets on Wednesday.
- Latest Employment data released on Friday.