Mortgage rates ended last week nearly unchanged.
Key influences that affected mortgage rates last week:
- Lower than expected jobs created in March.
- Annual growth in average hourly earnings slightly higher than anticipated.
- Further conversation on possible additional tariffs on Chinese goods and recriprocal measures.
What to look for this week:
- Treasury auctions on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
- March Federal Reserve meeting minutes issued on Wednesday.
- Consumer Price Index (CPI) monthly inflation report on Wednesday.