Mortgage rates finished last week slightly lower.
Key influences that affected mortgage rates last week:
- Surprise decline in February retail sales.
- Heightened pessimism over likely first quarter Gross Domestic Product figure (to be announced at end of April).
- Mixed news in February housing report - fall in total starts, better inventory levels.
What to look for this week:
- Federal Reserve Meeting on Wednesday (widely expected 25 basis point increase in federal funds rate).
- Existing Home Sales announced on Wednesday.
- New Home Sales data on Friday.
- Durable Orders figures released on Friday.