Mortgage rates finished higher last week.
Key influences that affected mortgage rates last week:
- Better than expected job gains in February.
- Slower than expected annual wage growth.
- Unemployment rate flat for the fifth straight month.
- Easing of presidential stance on steel and aluminum tariffs.
- European Central Bank comments suggesting a slower pace of tightening monetary policy.
What to look for this week:
- Treasury auctions on Monday and Tuesday.
- Consumer Price Index (CPI) data on Tuesday.
- Retail Sales figures on Wednesday.
- Housing Starts information on Friday.