Mortgage rates ended last week with little change.
Key influences that affected mortgage rates last week:
- New Fed Chair comments increased expectations for pace of interest rate rises.
- ISM national manufacturing index matched highest levels since 2004.
- President Trump announcement on steel and aluminum tariffs resulted in increased bond demand.
What to look for this week:
- ISM national services index on Monday.
- Factory order stats on Tuesday.
- European Central Bank meeting on Thursday.
- Employment data on Friday.