Mortgage rates ended last week with little change.
Key influences that affected mortgage rates last week:
- Single family housing starts were reported as being up by 4% in January.
- Reported December/January retail sales below expectations.
- Core Consumer Price Index (CPI) higher than expected in January.
What to look for this week:
- Mortgage markets closed Monday for Presidents Day.
- Existing home sales data released on Wednesday.
- January Federal Reserve meeting minutes issued on Wednesday.
- Treasury auctions on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.