Mortgage rates ended last week a little higher.
Key influences that affected mortgage rates last week:
- Volatility in the Stock Market.
- Investors shifting assets between stocks and bonds.
- Two-year budget approved in the Senate.
- Comments in Europe suggesting tighter monetary policy.
- National Services Index at one of the best levels in a decade.
What to look for this week:
- Retail Sales and Consumer Price Index (CPI) data on Wednesday.
- Industrial Production figures out on Thursday.
- Housing Starts released on Friday.